Thread: can't log in to square enix account no matter what i do

can't log in to square enix account no matter what i do

I'm having problems logging into mySquare Enix account after activating the beta. When I tried to get into the private forums for FF ARR is when it all messed up. Now I can't log into any Square Enix account. I even made a new account and it will say ID or Password is incorrect. I've changed the main account password around 20 times already and it still happens. I'm sure that it's the correct email because otherwise it wouldn't have sent a reset to me. I'm getting real frustrated at this

Same thing here. I'm trying to log in to registrate my beta code and it says that the ID or password is wrong, I don't know what to do.

Submit a report of your problem to*[SQUARE ENIX Account*Customer Service]*support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph...

Originally Posted by Gravity
    Submit a report of your problem to*[SQUARE ENIX Account*Customer Service]*support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph...
    I've done that already just waiting to see anyone else has the problem and found a fix

Yeah same thing, I never even made it to the forums :/ I registred my beta key a few days ago, tried to login to the forums today and I get the user/pass invalid message. Which I know it isn't invalid.. I have submitted a ticket, but based on when I've sent my tickets in the past and considering the unknown volume on this issue who knows when it will be fixed..*

I am also having the same problem as well. Just sent a ticket out.

*update* I got in, nevermind lol, Just had to request a new ip. That did the trick.*

I am having the same issue, I have sent several tickets and the service support isn't very helpful at all.

I'm having the same issue today, I've had a square enix account since March (I'm talking about the secure.square-enix.com/account/app)*got my beta access in the mail other day, registered it today, I was even able to access my account management and select services etc and I even saw FFXIV there when i clicked on it but it said something like cannot register code or something but i figured thats because it is the beta version and not retail so there isnt a "real" code to it.

in anycase, after that i logged out, went back to the page directed by the beta email, clicked on the section to access the forum so i could download the beta, NOPE, since I clicked that ish it kept saying my ID or Password is incorrect. And since then I haven't been able to log in ever, I've changed my password multiple times, answered security question multiple times, i cleared my cookies and used different browsers....

Tell me why, about 2 hrs after I gave up, I get an email from autoinfo_us telling me that my acount has been restricted for suspicious activity? click link to change password, so i do...i try to log back in...NOPE lol

I've submitted a ticket but this is truly bizzare i've never encountered such a problem before for beta*

i also cannot login to my square enix account management after registering my beta key, it keep saying incorrect password.

Originally Posted by locvanto

i also cannot login to my square enix account management after registering my beta key, it keep saying incorrect password.

i can help you there.for some reason lodestone isnt connected to your id.i clicked on ff14 here on the square enix site and registered a new name.somehow linking my account that was already registered on the squeenix accont mgt site.lodestone is the problem.it doesnt like your email id you need your nickname you choose.

whatever,i got to that point and now i have another glitch standing in my way.something about having to jump through more hoops and clearing some cookies and another step im unable to see because the beta forums are borked for me somehow.kicking me to the lodestone screen to relogin.

had to quit ff11 cuz of stupidity of security overprotection.they say they learned thier lesson...perhpas they havent.

ok this seem to fix my issue (relating to FFXIV beta)

I logged into my account using a completely different computer off a completely different network (at college) and i was able to log in to account management, even access the beta section.

I came home, and my log in was successful again, so I think try that if customer service hasn't gotten back to you yet.

no they got back to me,closed the ticket.

i had to clear cookies,then disable my firewall and antivirus...i didnt dl the beta.even with a second invite last weekend.

im not really sure whats up with square/enix atm.im not sure if its a cuturial misunderstanding or ignorance of how things work.this isnt my first bets,i was in ffx1 beta,as well as many others .didnt have any problems like this.

i hate to say it,since there seems to be a mistunderstanding or failure to communicate...I DONT DISABLE MY ANTIVIRUS EVER !the site doesnt have certification from what i can see,if its not loading...its you not me.so suffice to say,perhaps i should sell the ps3 i bought to play ffxiv.seems such a waste ,as well as the computer i built special just to play that buggy year long beta.i dunno,squeenix keeps saying we get it,please buy our stuff,we love our customers we do what you like...well after 6 years of ff11,and not being able to play anymore cuz i cant get the new expansion to load up,or the 12 hours of frustration trying to figure out why i cant get the beta because the webpage is janky.

i dont get it,they seem to not understand.played the beta for ff11,stayed for 6 years.played the beta for ff14 stayed for 6 months,woulda stayed longer but you know...was a mess.im back with cash in hand...if you guys dont want it...me and my friends will eventually find a mmo other than yours.

asking anybody to disable thier antivirus isnt an option.

I noticed a bug a while ago, I cannot login when the site starts with HTTPS. Try to login from na.square-enix.com/**(HTTP not HTTPS).

Originally Posted by imported_Taylor
    I'm having problems logging into mySquare Enix account after activating the beta. When I tried to get into the private forums for FF ARR is when it all messed up. Now I can't log into any Square Enix account. I even made a new account and it will say ID or Password is incorrect. I've changed the main account password around 20 times already and it still happens. I'm sure that it's the correct email because otherwise it wouldn't have sent a reset to me. I'm getting real frustrated at this

I realize this is an old post, but Taylor, I can relate to you Taylor, I was experiancing the same issue!

I had been able to log in in the past with no issues, but that was when I had a FFXI account. I had since cancelled and therefore had no reason to visit this site. Until now. SE has released the Beta and I thought it would be nice to be a part of it. So I applied. At the end of the application process a disclaimer mentioned that I would need to have an active SE account in order to be a tester. Naturally I felt like this wouldn't be a problem, as I had already had one previously.

Here's where things get weird.

I had my login information already. I could spend time convincing you that it was correct (which it was)*but that would be a waste of time. Instead I will say this: I reset my password nine times total (The proof is in my inbox). Each time, I followed the directions for reset, but when I tried to log on using the new aforementioned*password I reset just moments prior, it would deny access: "The User ID/Password is incorrect". I tried this on multiple browsers: Firefox, IE, Chrome, no luck. I also tried on my laptops, three total, two of which had different versions of Safari: it did not work. Naturally I had deleted the cookies/temp internet files, closed the browsers, rebooted the computer, and it never made a differance. I also disabled my Firewall and security with no success.*

This was quite frustrating to me, and I know my way around the internet, this was a new one for me. I went through all five stages of grief: Anger, Sadness, Anger, Anger, Acceptance. Except that it didn't really end at acceptance did it? That night I had trouble sleeping, guess what was on my mind? I wasn't going to be at peace until I figured this out.

So I went to work at finding a solution... at 2:11 am.

So I should maybe disclose something at this point: I work from home. Normally that wouldn't mean anything, but in this case it means that I access my employers server remotely, so I have a different PC and IP address when doing so. So I thought, "What the heck it's worth a shot", and booted up my work computer. I went to the same website I had visited many times before: account.square-enix.com, and attempted another login. Expecting it to fail, you can imagine my surprise when it was successful! I had logged in for the first time in... several months!

But what's so special about this work computer? The IP address? No way, that's silly, even I know that's strange. It was far more likely the cookies, or firwall, or security, or the browser, or the version...*So I thought to myself, "Humor me". At this point I switched to the same*Personal Desktop I had tried before, and tried to*login in to my account (after just having done so successfully on the work pc). It didn't work, same error message! At this point I could at least take comfort in the fact that I was not completely losing my mind, it appeared to work on one compter and not the other. But I still needed the reason.

At this point I pulled out my cell phone, and activated the WiFi tethering option. Using the WiFi from my phone I tried accessing the site from the new wifi (IP)... Success!! Once again, on a different IP, I was able to log in! I actually tried the same thing with my wife's phone and it was successful as well.

So here I am, maybe ten hours after successfully logging in, and I'm still not at peace. As far as I can tell, I think my Router is faulty, or perhaps it's retained*outdated information from when I had last logged in(?) several months prior. This is possible, because I had also moved since the last time I logged in as well. And we all know that secure sites can be tricky... if I didn't before then I do now.

BOTTOM LINE: If you're having trouble logging in like in the original poster's description or in mine, then try from another dwelling/IP, there's a good chance it will work. Not just another computer in the house that's connected to the same internet. You need to find... new internet! Good luck everyone!